Hi, hello, welcome!
I am rebooting my blog, and this is my first post.
I should probably start by telling you a little bit about who I am, if you don’t already know, but I’m too impatient for that. In all honesty, I’ve been delaying writing the first post of this new incarnation of my blog because I don’t want to write an introduction post. Does anyone ever actually read introduction posts? (Don’t answer that.) If you do want to know who I am though, I have provided a handy-dandy link over on the left, which is aptly titled “Who is Megan.” If you click on it, it will lead you to a selfie and a book-flap length blurb that will list some words describing “me,” but to be honest, this entire paragraph probably tells you more about me than that blurb ever will.
Another reason I’ve been delaying writing this first post is that I can’t decide on a focus for this blog. Everyone says you need to have a focus for your blog and you should stick to it. I’m sorry, but that’s just too much commitment. I have a lot of interests and a lot of things to say on a wide range of topics, and my main areas of interest change depending on what kind of mood I’m in, so no. (This probably also tells you a lot about me.) But just so you can get some kind of idea as to what you may expect to find when you visit this blog, here’s a list of things I think about a lot and will, in all likelihood, write about at some point in the future:
- The Ways in Which I Am Attempting to Put Words on the Page
- The Ways in Which I Am Avoiding Putting Words on the Page
- My Children’s Plots to Destroy My Sanity, But Also How Cute They Are
- My Cats’ Plots to Destroy My Sanity, But Also How Cute They Are
- Are My Kids and Cats Working Together, or Do They Have Separate Agendas That Just Happen to Intersect?
- Things I Love
- Things That Drive Me Nuts
- Ways in Which I Am Currently Trying To Better Myself That You Might Want to Try Too (Or Not. That’s Your Business, Not Mine. I Don’t Judge.)
- History Stuff Because I Have a History Degree and Am Not Using It, So Here, Learn Some Historical Things. You’re Welcome.
- How Horribly Disorganized I Am. I’ll Bet You Can Relate. Let’s Commiserate.
- That Last Topic Rhymed
- Doctor Who
- More Doctor Who
- My-Oh-My, Thor and Captain America Are Really Quite Buff, Aren’t They?
- This List Has Devolved
- I Should Stop Listing Things Now
So. There you have it. Those are some of the things you can probably expect me to write about here in a horribly infrequent manner that I will feel guilty about, causing me to start off each post with sentences like “sorry I haven’t posted in a while” and “oops, I haven’t posted in six months, haha, my bad.” …Judging from past blogging attempts, anyway.
Oh! And I suppose I should explain the name of this blog. I have a secret, you see. I’m always angry. Wait . . . wait, that’s not it. Hold on. *thinks* Ohhhh right. I named it Rhymes with Smash, not because I am the Hulk, but because my name is Megan Paasch, and Paasch rhymes with the word “smash.” You would think it rhymes with “smosh,” but it does not. It rhymes with “smash.”
Welcome to Rhymes With Smash!